Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gettin' Sticky With It

This past weekend was really busy, like I mentioned earlier, but Cory and I did manage to do a family activity with Logan - a contact paper wall.

contact paper wall for baby toddler

It was super easy to make, a little contact paper, some painters tape and some foam shapes from Michaels. I probably spent $6 on the whole thing. Here is is in the setting up stages:

how to make a contact paper sensory play activity

contact paper sensory play activity


Logan picked up on what to do immediately. He kept sticking and unsticking his fingers and he loved to pull the sports balls down too. About 3 minutes into playing he learned to stick the shapes up as well.

9 month old sensory activity

I decided to tuck it behind the door in his room so we could play with it for the week. It has held up surprisingly well actually! Since his room is sports themed, it doesn't bother me at all that it is always out and it gives him something to do while I put away his laundry.

contact paper toddler toy

I'll probably take it down soon and put it away for another rainy day (or maybe a snow day if we ever get one!) I think I might add some feathers and fabric into the mix next time too. Who knows...maybe I'll even add it to the activity list for his birthday, which we are hosting at home.

Sports contact paper wall DIY

It was a really fun activity for the whole family and it was just awesome to see Logan explore something new. I get to do activities like this all the time for Logan but Cory really got into it too. I think we might do some artwork this weekend as a family since the weather forecast is bitter cold!

Rainy day baby toddler activity

No comments:

Post a Comment