Saturday, January 5, 2013

Subscription Addiction: December Little PNuts

While I was away, Logan's first Little Pnuts package arrived.

I was so eager to open it that I forgot to take photos! These Amazon pictures will have to do instead. So first, I was REALLY excited...maybe a little too excited. I feel like I have been setting the bar so high for each subscription box that I can't seem to have them quite meet my expectations except this one.

First we got the Haba Allegro Stacking Ball


Haba stacking ball december little pnuts

I gave this ball to Logan who immediately started to roll it around and eat it. He loves a good ball so this was a hit. I attempted to show him it was a stacking toy too but he wasn't overly interested. He pulled it apart a couple times, but he hasn't figured out how to put them back on the pole yet. Hopefully, he'll learn to use it in a month or so. Really cute toy that I wish I'd had earlier in the fall.


Sevi pull along zebra december little pnuts
I actually had a different pull toy on my list for Logan for his birthday (the one I mentioned in this post) so I was equally parts excited and sad to get this one. I was happy that he got a pull toy and that I wouldn't need to buy one for him after all - I decided to put it away for his bday, but I was sad that he wasn't going to get the one I'd picked out months ago. I might still get him that one...you can always have 2 right? This one is rather on the small side but is so adorably cute - the wheels are uneven so it has a little wobbly gait to it that is so fun!

Lastly, he got SEVI Jumping Jacks Stork

sevi jumping jacks stork december little pnuts

Like the pull toy, I was going to buy a Sevi Jumping Jack Basketball player for him for Hannukah next year. The warning say its for a 3 year old and since Logan puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, I'm not comfortable giving it to him yet, but this stork is REALLY, REALLY cute. So its going in the toy closet and he'll get it for his birthday instead.

So my analysis....well first I should note a couple of things. The total value of these items is about $53.00- $60.00 depending on where you are shopping for them. The quarterly subscription price for Little PNuts is $75.00. This is not one like Citrus Lane or Stork Stack that promises to get you boxes with items above what you pay, rather it is a service that finds unique toys so you don't have to do the legwork yourself.

I really, really LOVE the service that Little PNuts provides. I think the idea is amazing because there are far too many battery operated toys out there. Honestly, I would give this to anyone for sure. My only hesitation so far, is that I am a toy nut and 2 of the 3 products I received I had found and was ready to purchase. On one hand it saved me the money of purchasing addition toys (this subscription was a gift remember), on the other hand - I LOVE researching and finding unique toys for Logan. Soo..Little Pnuts and I are doing the same work - and coming up with the same conclusions - again mixed feelings on this (Yeah to me for finding the awesome stuff experts are recommending - sad face that I don't get to find some crazy new toy  I've never heard of.) 

That being said: I would 100% recommend this service because most people do not spend HOURS a week picking out cute toys and I believe whole heartily that simple, beautiful toys likes these inspire the best play and learning experiences and more children could use access to stuff like this as opposed to flashing lights, hours of TV and loud noises. 

I hope I laid out the differences between Little Pnuts and the rest of the bunch. I love them and can't wait to get the March shipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment