Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Toy Review: Playskool Rocktivity Music Skool Table

I wanted to review a toy that Logan has had for awhile, the activity table he has from Playskool. We bought it back in September when Logan started trying to pull himself up on everything. I waite to review it to see how he would grow with it. But now that he can stand on everything now, I thought it was time to weight in.



I adore this activity stand. It has a ton of great features - like music mode and learning mode. Also it has spanish which I like to listen to for myself to switch things up. Additionally, the legs come off which is how we introduced it to Logan. We didn't buy this until he had been sitting up for a month or two, but it would have worked at 5 months old for us. 

Logan was immediately taken with the microphone which comes out and is a stand alone rattle. He use to just put it in and take it out repeatedly. After about a month, we ended up putting the legs back on. While we bought it to help him stand, when he was first learning he put too much of his weight on the table and it tipped over too easily. 

Playskool rocktivity table toy review

Once the legs were back on he stood up and discovered the piano keys and the guitar buttons. He only recently started using the drum and he just discovered the DJ spinner two days ago. Honestly, the DJ spinner is my favorite part. It sounds very realistic and when logan stood up and used it - it was the cutest, funniest thing ever. He was a little DJ spinning beats in a club. 

Playskool rocktivity table toy review

There are a lot of layers to this sound machine and not many lights which I like. When you hit the keys for the piano it plays a song (ABC by the jackson five) while the song is playing if you hit the guitar button, the piano button or the drum button, that instrument gets layered into the song so you can have all, one, two or none going to the song. It allows Logan to hear what the different instruments do in a piece of music and he likes making the sounds of the songs change again and again. The only part that lights up is the 3 starts above the piano keys. They are faint lights too and Logan completely ignores them which is great.

Playskool rocktivity table toy review

I really did my research before picking this table, but ultimately, I took Logan into target - put 4 in front of him and watched him interact with them. I vetoed the fisher price one IMMEDIATELY - too many flashing lights and loud noises. It was between this one and the leapfrog version but I'm really happy with this one. Unlike some of the others on the market, this one has a theme and not just a bunch of random stuff on a table.

Playskool rocktivity table toy review

 I think Logan would give it 5 stars. I would give it 4.5 - I do wish it was a little sturdier for when he was LEARNING to stand, but now that he has mastered standing it works like a dream and is plenty sturdy. 

Does anyone else have this table?

No comments:

Post a Comment