Friday, December 28, 2012

Dreaming of: Home Blogs

Every since I was a little kid I've gotten on what my parents deemed "kicks"...Where I pick a topic and have to know ALL about it and obsessively read and read and research and then I'm over it and I move on to something new.

In elementary school it was Barbie - I had those crazy collectors books of Barbies dating back to the original one (full disclosure...they are still on my book shelf in the guest room.) In middle school it was the Titanic. In highschool it was Royal Families - mostly from England and Russia (seriously revealing some nerdy behavior here.) In college it was Disney - I actually wrote 2 papers on the early films and Walt. (A+ on both thank you very much.)

Fashion "kicks" were always coming in and out - I'd get obsessed with certain clothes and wear the trends over and over (not unlike my Jcrew polka dot pants now) and was probably the most relevant post college kick until I got a house (home decor obvi) and then had Logan. WHEW... That's a lot to deal with.

Well thanks to Young House Love - which I just discovered - I'm on a DIY home decor kick.

So here is my round up of the blogs that I am dreaming of with projects that have me drooling every day!

1. Young House Love - Their hallway frame project has inspired me to do a little something, something at my house...details to follow as they unfold (stay tuned!)

2. Bower Power - Funny and cute and the kids are ADORABLE. Really easy DIY items that make me think I can actually learn to spray paint!

3. Design Megillah - Great ideas to decorate for the Jewish Holidays - sort of a hard think to find actually.

4. Kate's Creative Space - She makes me want to start DIYing really interesting Toy furniture. Obsessed.

So there you have it. The four websites I look for everyday. Hopefully I'll start DIYing my first project soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment