Saturday, December 29, 2012

Subscription Addiction: JewelMint

I talked about my mystery JewelMint purchase here, so I wanted to update you on what I received. Honestly, I was REALLY disappointed. I got a total of 5 items in my mystery box. Lets break them down shall we?

jewelmint december mystery box

So this one, I actually like. Logan broke the small gold necklace in two seconds, but the colorful beads I've been wearing wrapped around my wrist as a bracelet. See below.

jewelmint decemeber mystery box

I love the casual feel of it wrapped around my wrist and the little gold swirls look great with my bauble bar renegade bracelet. And that about sums up the good stuff...

That's right. 1 out of 5 pieces were good. Shall we journey on?

jewelmint decemeber mystery box

I can't stand crappy fake pearls. I have some great faux ones from Jcrew that I ADORE but these are horrendous. Sending 'em to goodwill.

jewelmint decemeber mystery box

I feel the same way about this charm bracelet. I see what they were going for - eclectic as if you had been collecting for years....problem...I have one that I have been collecting for years...yeah. So...not so good. Also going to goodwill...oh and did I meant that this bracelet made up two of the five pieces? As in I got a double.

jewelmint december mystery box

Double yucky. With a side of great disappointment. Allegedly they are sending me a replacement...a mystery one... (groan)

But I have saved the worst for last....feast your eyes on this bad boy.

jewelmint december mystery box

I mean disgusting. It is a choker so it's even worse than it appears. The little beads sit right on the collar bone and they feel cheap and plasticy. 

So what did I learn from this little experiment? JUST SAY NO to JewelMint mystery boxes. While some of their stuff is cute and wearable...some of it is so ugly it needs to go in the trash.

Was I too harsh? Do you agree with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment