Thursday, December 20, 2012

Subscription Addiction: December Citrus Lane

I am sooo excited!! My first Citrus Lane  package arrived today. It took all my strength to wait until Logan went down for a nap to dig into this beauty!

Citrus Lane december reviewFirst I was impressed with the presentation. I'm pretty sure I would love a package of goodies either way, but having the items wrapped in tissue paper made it feel special. Also, I love that it was addressed to Logan. 

First up, they gave me some Madecasse Chocolate. ($1.50)

Madecasse Chocolate December Citrus Lane Review

I loved the concept - farmer friendly cocoa, but... it was seriously gross. As in I spit it out and couldn't swallow it gross. Then I thought, maybe it was just me - I'm not a fan of dark chocolate anyway, so that must be the problem, right? WRONG. I gave it to Cory to try without giving away my opinion. He chewed it, started to swallow and then he sprinted to the toilet, spit it out and accused me of trying to poison him. And he is not one for the dramatics. Sorry Citrus Lane .... total fail.

Ok, next up was a Renee and Jeremy CD called "It's a Big World!" ($12)

December Citrus Lane Review Renee and Jeremy CD


I only listened to a few songs, but they seem acoustic and child friendly without being so child friendly it is unbearable to listen to. I'll test it on Logan next time we are in the car.

A Pearhead bragbook was the next thing I removed. ($9)

December Citrus Lane Review Bragbook Pearhead


I'm not a brag book kind of person, but Logan loves to look at pictures, so I think I'll use it as Citrus Lane suggested and fill it with photos of Logan's family so he can learn their names. Who knows maybe it will help with his stranger anxiety.

I was really excited about the next item and intentionally saved it for the end of the box. It is a Green Toys submarine. ($15)

December Citrus Lane Review Green Toys Submarine


I have been dying to get Logan a Green Toys recycling truck and some of their other products, but I hadn't seen this one yet. I love it!! Its a bath toy that I can use to rinse his hair too. Unfortunately, he is still in the infant tub and this is way to big for that right now, so I'll postpone a toy rating for this one until we transition to the big boy tub (when he stops trying to stand up or lay down in the tub!)

The last item in the box was almost missed by me after the excitement of the submarine - a gift card for $15 to Ecomom.com! ($15)

ecomom fluff organic snack pack


I used it to purchase a Fluf Organic snack pack two pack. I have been wanting to transition away from  plastic baggies so these should let me test the waters.

December Citrus Lane Review


Ok, so here is the tally: Citrus Lane values the box at $52.50. I did some googling and found the prices to be fairly accurate actually. The submarine and the gift card both got 5 stars for me and since their retail value alone was $30 - more that the $25 a month (or $20 I paid with my discount) I am very happy. The other items are icing on the cake. I'll probably listen to the cd once or twice (3 stars) and I am sure he will like the photos in the brag book (4 stars.) I just don't want to ever see the chocolate again (1 stars.) Total star value is 3.6 stars...but I'm rounding to 4 stars.

So there you have it. You can sign up for Citrus Lane here. I'm excited to try it out again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment