Sunday, December 9, 2012

Royal Baby: Queen of the Jungle

I have a small....ok....LARGE obsession with Will and Kate. I was one of those Americans that actually got up at 3 am to watch the Royal Wedding in real time.

So when news of the Royal Baby hit, which multiple people alerted me to as my obsession is well known, I started thinking about how I would decorate the nursery of a future ruler.  I now present you with the girl's theme: Queen of the Jungle.

Royal Baby Will and Kate Nursery


Will and Kate have a fondness for Kenya, where they got engaged, so I designed a modern safari nursery. I thought the clean lines of the giraffe silhouette bedding would look lovely in this modern take on a traditional sleigh crib. When she gets older, she can move on to this elegant forest themed four-posted bed.

I picture Kate to be a nursing mom, but even if she opts for formula feedings, this tufted rocker and zebra lumbar pillow will have her cozily feeding her little princess in the middle of the night.

The adorable giraffe artwork alludes to the many adventures HRH will experience during her reign, while the accent of pink in the rug softens the gray and white color scheme.

Who needs a mobile when you can have a crystal chandelier over your crib? These menagerie bookends will be the perfect accent for all of books Kate and Will will surely collect for her.

The royal derriere can not be changed on just any changing table! This dresser will be good for changing now and can stay with her as she becomes a fashionista like her mother - I do think she should start her crown jewel collection early by replacing the knobs with these gems.

On to my favorite part of the room. What little boy or girl wouldn't want a reading nook complete with a tree bookcase, private camping tent and oversized elephant plush to cuddle with? Perfect for playing hide and seek when she wants to skirt her royal duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment