Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Toy Review: LeapFrog My Discovery House

I've had my eye on this LeapFrog house for a long time, so when I saw it on sale on Amazon.com for $13.00, I HAD to buy it for Logan. He's been playing with it for a week now, so here is our review.


LeapFrog My Discovery House Toy Review

First off - yes this toy totally has batteries, but everything that it says is educational (except when you ring the doorbell and its says a cowboy is coming over for dinner - no idea where that came from.) It teaches a couple different things which break down to two categories - opposites and day/night activities. 

LeapFrog My Discovery House Toy Review



Logan loves to open and close the refrigerator door and push the duck in the tub to hear the squeak.

LeapFrog My Discovery House Toy Review
He also opens the front door and kisses himself in the mirror. The light switch is another point of interest - he hasn't figured out how to do it himself because it needs a tad more force than he is capable of, but he is happy to yell at anyone to push it up and down. 

LeapFrog My Discovery House Toy Review
I love it because it is small and has a handle so we can carry it anywhere. I like to bring it to other people's houses if they won't have things for him to do so he stays entertained.

LeapFrog My Discovery House Toy Review
I would probably give this one 5 stars because I can really see the potential for this to grow with him and it is a convenient item to have around. Logan would give it a 3 1/2 stars. He likes it when others are playing with it, but it doesn't keep him occupied for long yet. I'll update it in a few months to see how he processes. I've heard great things so I have high hopes for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment