Saturday, December 22, 2012

Subscription Addiction: December StyleMint

Guess what arrived today!!!















I eagerly opened my first ever StyleMint package and was filled with... well... disappointment.



Ok... the colors were pretty, but lets look at the styles shall we? At first glance, they weren't very special.

Stylemint december mystery box red gypsy kimono

However, my opinions did change when I tried them on. Lets take a closer look. First up was a fairly basic tank:
stylemint barlette tank
It was my least favorite of all the tops until I tried it on. It actually has a pretty flattering cut - the bottom is not flat like the picture but dips lower at the center on the front and back.

Next up was this item:
Stylemint rosebud T
This was my favorite of all the pieces before I tried it on and decided I'm not a huge fan. The cut is alright a little baggy in some spots but the color is vibrant. I'll have to see how I'm able to work it into my wardrobe.

Finally we have the wild card:
stylemint red gypsy kimono top
This kimono top is more of a satin cardigan/kimono.  It is way out of my comfort zone but I think it is the object I'm most excited to actually wear. I love experimenting and trying new things.

My goal is to wear each of these items twice before the end of the year - once in a casual outfit and once for an evening out on the town. I'll post the final outfits with an updated take on each shirt in early January.

In the meantime, ideas are welcome! Feel free to post outfit suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment